Hiring Machine Operators at Clawson, MI
ND Industries, Inc. is now hiring machine operators for our Clawson Michigan processing plant.
Primary job function is to operate production equipment limited to machine control functions of start, stop and inspect. Typically this involves feeding, sorting, or packaging product. Along with machine operation, employee will be responsible for the cleanliness of equipment applying material or self locking devices to fasteners.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Set up, adjust and monitor equipment per supplied work instructions.
- Check quality of work based on sampling in process checks.
- Maintain clean work environment.
- Clean while operating to reduce contamination and mixed parts issues.
- Inspect Hopper between jobs to ensure no parts are mixed in finished goods tubs.
- Cross train with other departments to increase knowledge of multiple machine centers.
- Monitor running rate of equipment to process work in timely manner.
- Complete process paperwork and all necessary machine operator sign offs.
- Adhere to safety procedures and wear proper PPE including glasses and earplugs.
Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor or designated person.
Equipment, potential to use:
- Fork lift (optional and with training)
- Measurement Gages
- Stop Watch
- Zahn Cup
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Ability: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series numbers, preferred. Ability to print and speak simple sentences, preferred.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but un-involved written or oral instructions.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color. The employee must be able to wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, safety glasses meeting ANSI Z87 requirements and hearing protection devices.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; and less than one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferred. Specialized Training: Feeder bowl operation adjustment experience (Optional)