Pre-Applied Vibra-Tite® VC-3®
Vibra-Tite VC-3 (formerly Vibra-Tite Formula 3) is a powerful vibration dampening, locking and sealing coating for threaded fasteners. Utilizing a special blend of acrylic resins, VC-3's viscous cold flow properties allow it to prevent fastener loosening under extreme vibration.
- • NOT AN ADHESIVE • NOT AN ANAEROBIC
- Designed for use on internal and external threads of virtually any material or finish. When you have Vibra-tite VC-3 Pre-Applied to your fasteners they arrive dry to the touch and ready for installation. Unlike many pre-applied threadlockers, VC-3 does not require heat for it's application process which reduces the chance of degradation of the fastener or its finish.
|Primary Use||Vibration Dampening Threadlocker|
|Lead Treads||None Required|
|Coating Length||1.5 x Diameter|
|Prevailing on Torque||Moderate|
|Breakaway Torque||No distinct break; slow fluid release as material cold flows|
|Temp Range||-65° to 165°F|
|Shelf Life*||Bulk Liquid: 5 years from date of manufacture Applied: Indefinite|
|Base Solvent||M.E.K. (When in bulk form)|
|Chemical Resistance||Offers resistance to most solvents (acts as a partial corrosion barrier) with total resistance to water and salt water|
|Threadfill Requirement||30 - 50% of the thread root area|
|Cure Time||Pre-Applied Vibra-Tite VC-3 arrives on the fastener, dry to the touch and ready for immediate use with no cure time.|
|Drying method for bulk production||Best achieved using considerable airflow in addition to temperature not exceeding 130°F|
|Manual application (bottled product)||Visit our Vibra-Tite website for more information www.vibra-tite.com|
- From tiny eyeglass screws to huge construction bolts, Vibra-tite VC-3 is ideal for use on fasteners of any size.
- Serves as an alternative to ND Patch when low installation torques are required along with adjustability and reusabilitly.
- Excellent Shelf Life: Parts coated with Vibra-tite VC-3 can be stored indefinitely* before use.
- Versatile: Vibra-tite VC-3 adheres to both ferrous and non-ferrous metals, most platings, wood, and plastic** screws.
- Creates a Reliable, Powerful Lock & Seal: With exceptional reliability, Vibra-tite VC-3 holds parts in place even during extreme vibration and resists leakage by acting as a dam between mated threads.
- Offers Multiple Reuses: Using steady pressure and standard hand tools, parts coated with Vibra-tite VC-3 can easily be adjusted, removed, and reused.
- Minimizes Galling/Stripping: Since Vibra-tite VC-3 remains a thick, resilient, taffy-like "viscous resin," its cold flow properties actually minimize galling or stripping of soft threads during reuse.
** Recommended for Nylon, PPE & PP plastics only.
- U.S. Army Missile Command: MIS-28867A, P5407-1
- U.S. Airforce: 19207
- U.S. Army Tank Automotive Command (General Dynamics): 11663357
- National Stock Number: NSN-8030-00-163-5792
- Naval Sea Command: 5174855
- Raytheon: DWG 998730
- Detroit Diesel: 9S244, 9S256
- Grumman Aerospace Standard: GF105VP1, CA1
- Allied Signal Aerospace Company: EMS73314, PCS5618
- Atlanta Research: SP10234
- Delphi (Delco Electronics): 00047127
- General Dynamics: 13233419
- Harris Corp: DWG. P30-0013
- Leco Corporation: Print #764-709
- Lockheed Martin: 11663357, Cage #18876, 507-13-410, P5407, P5407-1, LMA-ML082B