ND Patch® Hi-Temp
ND Patch Hi-Temp is a high temperature pre-applied threadlocking coating, which is fused to internal or external threads of a fastener. Dry to the touch and ready for use right out of the box; ND Patch performs immediately upon assembly with no curing time required.
- ND Patch Hi-Temp maintains its torque performance through temperatures as low as -70°F (-56°C) and as high as +500°F (+260°C).
- ND Patch Hi-Temp is generally applied to a minimum of 2-3 threads back from the end of the fastener with 4-6 threads of coverage to assure ease of starting the nut/bolt assembly.
- ND Patch Hi-Temp can be applied to virtually any fastener, from very large construction bolts to tiny cellular phone and computer screws.
- How ND Patch Hi-Temp works: When a fastener coated with ND Patch Hi-Temp is mated to its corresponding hole or mating fastener, the material is compressed. This compression creates a dam-like action on the opposite side of the coated fastener creating very strong metal-to-metal contact. When ND Patch Hi-Temp is fully seated, it forms a positive lock that will not loosen, even under extreme vibration. This dam-like action also creates a positive seal to be used to prevent leakage.
- As with all of our pre-applied products, ND Industries can apply Patch Hi-Temp to your fasteners at any one of our regional service centers, or we can supply you with fasteners already coated with ND Patch Hi-Temp.
|Product||ND Hi-Temp (Reinforced Nylon)|
|Primary Usage||Lock & Seal|
|Color||Orange and Gray**|
|Lead Treads||1 to 3|
|Coating Length||4 to 6 Threads|
|Hardness||Shore D (ASTM D2240) 70-80 Durometer|
|Salt Spray Resistance||(ASTM B117) 1000+ hours (X scribe)|
|Taber Abrasion||(ASTM D4060) 10-18 mg loss CS-10 wheel, 1000 g load, 1000 cycles. (varies with color)|
|Dielectric Strength||(ASTM D149 short time) 800-1200 volts/mil @ 10.0 mils (varies with color)|
|Direct Impact Resistance||(MPTM 0002) 160 in. lbs. (@10.0 mils)|
|Temp Resistance||-70° to 500°F|
|On Part Life***||Indefinite under ideal storage conditions [+40°F (+4°C) to +90°F (+32°C)], but recertification must occur once a year.|
|Competes With||Nylok® Nytemp®|
- Retains Full Strength: ND Patch Hi-Temp process involves no drilling or milling, so there is no loss of the fastener's strength or hardness and no troublesome burrs or chips.
- Saves Money: ND Patch Hi-Temp saves money by pins, or castellated nuts. ND Patch Hi-Temp is also less expensive than applying bottled thread locking compounds at the point of assembly.
- Saves Time: ND Patch Hi-Temp can be automatically fed through standard bowl feeders without the fear of material coming off.
- Chemical Resistant: ND Patch Hi-Temp will not dry, shrink, or otherwise be effected when exposed to commercial solvents, alcohol, gasoline, oil, caustic soda, jet fuel, etc.
- Reusable: Fasteners coated with ND Patch Hi-Temp can be re-used repeatedly without damage to the threads. ND Patch Hi-Temp is particularly resistant to deformation, which makes it ideal for repeated use.
- Saves Effort: During the ND Patch Hi-Temp process, camera systems are used to verify the parts are coated exactly to customer's specifications. This often removes a secondary sorting operation at the end customer.
- Fast Turn-Around: The ND Patch Hi-Temp process produces a complete, non-chemically reactive, ready to use product. The ND Patch Hi-Temp performs immediately upon assembly. There is no cure time required.
- Areas of Application:
requirements of the following specifications
- U.S. Military: MIL-DTL-18240F, MIL-N-25027
- Chrysler: PF-5144, PF-5461, PF-6157, PF-6158
- Ford: ES-382101-S100, ES-378813-S100, ES-N800688-S100, WA970, ES-21002-S100
- General Motors: GM 6189P
- IFI: 124
- IFI: 524
- John Deere: JDT905
- Mack Trucks: 3/6 AXS5, 10 AMS1
- FMC: 126052
- Meritor (Rockwell): Q-70