ND Patch is a pre-applied threadlocking coating (typically Nylon Type 11), which is fused to internal or external threads of a fastener.Dry to the touch and ready for use right out of the box; ND Patch performs immediately upon assembly with no curing time required.
- When assembled with a mating part, the resilient ND Patch is compressed. The compressed engineered plastic (typically a Nylon Patch) provides locking action in the thread, instead of at the bearing surface, due to its vibration dampening characteristics. In general, the resilience of ND Patch holds the fastener in place without adhesives or thread distortion. Due to its resilience, Patch can be repeatedly adjusted and reused.
- ND Patch and ND Patch 360° Ring are normally positioned one to three threads back from the end of the fastener to assure ease of starting. The normal coating length of the Patch is four to six threads. Special Patch location and coating length can be specified for specific applications.
- As with all of our preapplied products, ND Industries can apply Patch to your fasteners at any one of our regional service centers, or we can supply you with fasteners already coated with ND Patch.
|Product||ND Patch (Nylon 11)|
|Primary Usage||Lock & Seal|
|Color||Yellow (other colors available)|
|Lead Treads||1 to 3|
|Coating Length||4 to 6 Threads|
|Hardness||Shore D (ASTM D2240) 70-80 Durometer|
|Salt Spray Resistance||(ASTM B117) 1,000+ hours (X scribe)|
|Taber Abrasion||(ASTM D4060) 10-18 mg loss CS-10 wheel, 1000 g load, 1000 cycles. (varies with color)|
|Dielectric Strength||(ASTM D149 short time) 800-1200 volts/mil @ 10.0 mils (varies with color)|
|Direct Impact Resistance||(MPTM 0002) 160 in. lbs. (@10.0 mils)|
|Temp Resistance||-70° to 250°F|
|On Part Life*||Indefinite under ideal storage conditions [+40°F (+4°C) to +90°F (+32°C)], but recertification must occur once a year.|
|Competes With||Nylok® Blue Patch, Nylok® Tuflok®, Forest City Technologies Astorlok™, Eslok®, Nylok® Torq-Patch® Lock-Nut|
* When stored in dry, cool environment.
- Saves Time Fasteners coated with ND Patch can be automatically fed through standard feeding devices.
- Improved Sealing: ND Patch 360° Ring provides excellent locking performance as well as increased sealing ability by completely filling the thread helix with an elastic 360° nylon dam.
- Retains Full Strength: ND Patch process involves no drilling or milling, so there is no loss of the fastener's strength or hardness and no troublesome burrs or chips.
- Saves Money: Use of ND Patch eliminates the need for costly lock washers, cotter pins, or castellated nuts. You get a close fit without the costs involved in obtaining close tolerances. Moreover, ND Patch is less expensive than applying bottled thread locking compounds at the point of assembly.
- Resists Heat And Cold: ND Patch meets and exceeds IFI Specifications 124 & 524 as well as Military specification MIL-DTL-18240F, Type P, for temperatures from -70°F (-56°C) to +250°F (121°C).
- Chemical Resistant: ND Patch will not dry, shrink, or lose resiliency when exposed to commercial solvents, alcohol, gasoline, oil, caustic soda, jet fuel, etc.
- Reusable: Fasteners coated with ND Patch can be reused repeatedly without damage to threads. ND Patch is particularly resistant to deformation, which makes it ideal for repeated use.
- Saves Effort: ND Patch greatly reduces the need for retightening.
Nylok® Blue Patch, Nylok® Tuflok®, Forest City Technologies Astorlok™, Eslok®, Nylok® Torq-Patch® Lock-Nut
- U.S. Military: MIL-N-25027, MIL-F-18240E, MIL-DTL-18240F
- Chrysler: PF-5144, PF-6157, PF-6158
- Ford: ES-382101-S100, ES-378813-S100, ES-N800688-S100, WA970, ES-21002-S100
- General Motors: GM 6189P
- DIN: 267 Part 28
- IFI: 124
- IFI: 524
- IFI: 100
- John Deere: JDT905
- Mack Trucks: 3/6 AXS5, 10 AMS1
- Bendix: WI-287, UI-146
- Meritor (Rockwell): Q-70
- Case IH: BM-050
- Clark Equipment: 95G-96G, 81D-82D
- Detroit Diesel: 9S240
- Eaton: 205372
- Kelsey - Hayes: B-3736
- Navistar: Noun Code 0810
- New Process Gear: PS-616
- Outboard Marine: 1767